[uae] Re: New WinUAE

  • From: "Fabien Meghazi" <agr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:20:43 +0200

So, tell me what my priority should be.

vsync ! ;-)

I don't know if all xorg people are blind but for me,
tearing/flickering hurt my eyes.
In 2007, sdl with default driver doesn't wait retrace between blits
while I never saw a flickering demo on C64 or Amiga in more than a
decade.
Even mplayer with xv flickers on fast movements.

I don't have the technical knowledge in order to hack xorg or sdl to
make it work, but I wonder if there's a workaround at e-uae level ?
Am I the only one who does see the problem and actually cares about
this problem ? Or maybe am I the only one to use E-uae under linux
xorg ?

PS: I know that using fbdev instead of X resolves the issue but it's
not an option for me.