[uae] Re: New WinUAE

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 19:58:00 +0100

On 16 May 2007, at 12:31, Jason Rainforest wrote:

As far as GUIs go, I'd love to see a feature-complete GUI for E- UAE (I use GTK/Gnome here, but I did see the talk about Qt/KDE GUIs). Would it
be possible to create some sort of GUI API? Something that would make
E-UAE GUI independent, and allow full external control (including RAM
dumps for debugging and mod ripping, changing sound settings, adding
filesystems, changing disks etc .. all on the fly)? There appears to be
some great potential with people on this list, and a feature like this
would let them go crazy with their ideas.

If Rich implemented this in E-UAE today, then tomorrow I'd be implementing it in Hi-Toro! I'd love this kind of feature. Also, it would make the lack of a built-in GUI much less of an issue for all platforms.

Regards,
Daniel Pimley