[uae] Re: New WinUAE

  • From: Ivo Couckuyt <iv0co@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:38:49 +0100 (BST)

i'm talking about a Qt only, cross-platform gui.
compilable everywhere Qt is available.

i checked out the gtk gui of e-uae some days ago, and
as far as i can see it interfaces directly with uae
through some functions for setting the variables. i
believe the gui and emulator also runs into two
separate threads. so uae's thread is controlled by the
gui (pause/continue etc)

though i'm NOT sure about this (gave it only a quick
glance)), have to look into it a bit further. check
out the gui/gui-gtk dir

sharing the ui is nice, but perhaps when you plan a
python qt gui it isn't necessary to do a c++ one
anymore.

module rippers, good idea. just want to port most
options from winuae to a cross-platform gui. of course
one step at a time.

kind regards,
Ivo Couckuyt

now.