[uae] Re: E-UAE 0.8.27-RC1 released

  • From: Giulio Canevari <giuliogiuseppe.canevari01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:26:31 +0200

Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi Giulio

On Sunday 24 October 2004 11:03 am, Giulio Canevari wrote:

Super Cars II is not an extended adf ( in fact i have transferred it
from my old 3.5 floppy with transwarp ).

Also kick off 2 ( legally downloadable from somewhere ) , that is not an
extended adf, doesn't work here w/out kickstart, and it works with 0.8.25 .

You were right. The Kickstart emulation was broken. It's fixed now.

Thank you.

Trying it, i have noticed another strange behaviour, with uae built with sdl-sound:

I was listening to some music with xmms, then i launched uae and i obtained a message:

E-UAE 0.8.27-RC2
Found 1 joysticks
Found x11pc raw keyboard mapping
Using cooked keymap
Opening cfgfile '/home/giulio/.uaerc'...okay.
Testing the RDTSC instruction ... done.
Calibrating delay loop.. ok - 1807.41 BogoMIPS
Testing system sleep function.
Average duration of a 1ms sleep: 20 ms
Enabling busy-waiting for sub-10ms sleeps
*Couldn't open audio: No available audio device*
*Sound driver unavailable: Sound output disabled*
Found 1 joysticks
Found x11pc raw keyboard mapping
Using cooked keymap
Follow sprite mode set
Building CPU table for configuration: 68000 24-bit addressing
1866 CPU functions
Building CPU function table, 44750 opcodes (0 0 1).

And so on. I was trying super cars 2, it loaded, but when the intro sample would have started, everything freezed. Retried without xmms and it worked. But the sound should be disabled.

Is it an uae problem?

Bye,
--
Giulio Canevari