[tunerpro] Re: Would like to raise the idle speed on my 1982 Corvette

  • From: "Bob" <bobmcginley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tunerpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:52:42 -0400

Dave I just signed up for the software and don't know how to use it yet.
However what type of fuel injection was on the 1982 corvette?  I didn't know
they were fuel injected in 1982.  My self I'm running a holley instead of the
factory TBI and that one has an  idle adjustment screw located on the throttle.
 To set the idle the IAC must be disconnected then the engine started put in
gear if it's an automatic, set the idle to your desired RPM then shut off, plug
in the IAC then restart it.  I believe the idle is set in the chip if it's
factory.  I'm not sure.

Bob.