[tunerpro] Re: Glitchy Data Aquisition Readings, etc...

  • From: "David Allen" <davida1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tunerpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 10:54:57 -0600

For the FTDI USB chip that Moates (and my Radio Shack USB-Serial Cable) use,
there are 2 settings that can be adjusted to eliminate the glitches.

To access the settings, do the following:

-Plug in the comm adapter to the laptop (or settings will be hidden).
-Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager
-Expand "Ports" and select the USB-Serial Port.
-Open the tab "Port Settings" > Advanced
-Then you will have the screen shown in the attached screen-shot.

The first is the "USB Transfer Size" setting. Setting of 1024 seems to work
best on my system, on both transmit and receive.

The second is "Latency Timer" which seems to work best at 8 ms.

With these settings, I get about 8 Hz sampling rate and 0 errors on Tuner Pro
Data Aquisition. This is with a 1227730 ECM and $A1 program.

Today, my computer seems to be very forgiving and I can't make it glitch. Other
days it's a different story. But the attached settings consistantly work for
all vehicles I have.

Sincerely,
David