[triadtechtalk] Re: junk mail

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:39:44 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

-------Original Message-------

Yes I think I will love MailWAsher.

But please tell me what to expect when AVG starts to update. I was surfing a
minute ago and a blue box came up and said update your privacy. I closed it
as I didn't know what it was. It started D\L too fast for me to read. I
figured it was something from the web site I was on.
Or will I even know when it is updating?

Juanita

Juanita ... open the main page of AVG by clicking on the icon in the tray.
Then near the left bottom, click on the Virus Database button and then on
Update". You can then set the time you want the update to run ... (it must
be sometime when your connection to your ISP is active). You can also click
on "update now" and it will check for new virus definitions immediately. I
have mine set for 2AM every day, but my computer is connected all the time
While in the updater, click on Email Scanner and check all the boxes in
there. Click on the "advanced" button and then the incoming and outgoing
mail tabs. Make sure that the scan "incoming" and "outgoing" mail is checked
 Also, checking the "certify ... " boxes adds the certification that the
email was scanned for viruses to the bottom of your mail.
The update box that you saw may have been because of the time now set to
update in your settings box.

Howard

JPEG image