[triadtechtalk] Re: junk mail

  • From: "Chris Meehan" <irishnd77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 16:48:24 -0600

Unsubscribe
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Howard
  To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 11:23 PM
  Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: junk mail

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Juanita Kimble
  I have thought about getting mail washer several times, but I don't have
enough faith in myself to install and
  configure it correctly. My pc is working so well I don't want to mess it up.
  Like I don't even have an anti virus program because of that reason. I had V
shield. It caused me so much trouble I
  finally uninstalled it. Chuck and Clarence tried to tell me that for
months\years before I finally got rid of it.

  You would think M$ would put things like that on the windows CD. But then
they wouldn't make all the extra bucks.

  Juanita

  Hi Juanita ... You are taking a very large chance using no antivirus program.
AVG (Free) is a good and simple to set up anti virus. It's available at
www.grisoft.com    Look for the FREE download and set it up to automatically
update virus definitions as often as you like. It also installs the updates
automatically. I have used it for years with no problems.

  I also use Mail washer and find it very effective. It is also a freebie and
not all that difficult to set up. It accumulates stuff you don't want to
receive over time, so it takes a while to really work well. You can also use
"words" to filter out spam. Like Sandi said ... it is not that difficult to set
up. I sure would like to see you install an anti virus of some sort.

  Howard

  ---