[triadtechtalk] Re: index.dat

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 10:30:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/02 6:17:56 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ChasM49@xxxxxxx
writes:

> doesnt work with xp..... due to all the plces it calls to go arent the same
> in xp as they are in 98/98se....................    Chuck.... in Ok

Chuck............ are you trying to delete index.dat ? The app I posted,
Movonb, may work if index.dat will come up in Find.
 <A HREF="http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/content.htm";>Shareware</A>
http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/content.htm

It's a little confusing to set it up initially but once installed and you get
the idea what it's doing it becomes simple......... freebie too !

Freeware.   Languages: English, German.

Copies, moves or deletes files on next system boot for Windows
95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP.
The utility is very useful when user needs to replace or delete files which
are locked by other applications, loaded into memory or cannot be changed
until next system boot.
The program can be integrated into shell (setup creates the "Copy/Move/Delete
on boot" context menu item and GiPo@Utilities file/folder property page)
<A HREF="http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/bin/moveonb.zip";>.7 (English),
ZIP-archive (602 Kb)</A>
joe