[triadtechtalk] Re: Who is still out there?

  • From: Jim Moss <moss1438@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:47:24 -0500

I have not used W 7 yet, but "infopackets" newsletter has some suggestions
including upgrading an old computer by adding 2gig of memory and a new graphics
card.  Maybe worth a look.

Jim Moss

> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:21:54 -0500
> From: brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [triadtechtalk] Who is still out there?
>
> With the minimal posting occurring at TTT I have been wondering if most
> of the old gang has moved on, or if there is just a lack of questions
> being posted?
>
> I know that in my case with all the tutoring I had received from the TTT
> group, I was able to move up from the ranks of the beginners to the
> point where I could resolve many of the problem that I encountered, and
> did not need to ask for the continuous level of help I once needed.
>
> With Win7 coming out in a little over a week it would be a good time to
> take inventory of who is still active in the group and what they are
> been doing.
>
> I suspect that the more experienced members have already downloaded the
> available Win7 version, and now have developed an opinion about its
> strengths and weaknesses.
>
> As some of you will recall I was waiting to retire my old 1998 computer
> and get a new version of Windows, but Vista just did not turn out the
> right time to do it. But now with just a 1/2 GB of RAM I really need to
> get serious about, not just a new computer, but a whole new computer system!
>
> So I am looking for some tips about getting a new system that may last
> another 10 YEARS!!!
>
> So who is still monitoring the group?
>
> And what has been your experience with Win7?
>
> BRIAN

Windows 7: It helps you do more. Explore Windows 7.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen3:102009