[triadtechtalk] Re: Who is still out there?

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:15:38 EDT

In a message dated 10/14/2009 7:22:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So I am  looking for some tips about getting a new system that may last
another 10  YEARS!!!

So who is still monitoring the group?

And what has been  your experience with Win7?

BRIAN

am still here Brian... lot slower than before.... few more months and hit
the 70 mark....lol.... chuck still alive and kicking in Oklahoma... and
making  the big noise around her since am getting fixed to go for the political
race  once again... 2010 is on its way and do need to see major changes in
the trash  bags running the place.... cant afford them ... in fact yesterday
was an  election of half cent sale tax that passed and a property tax vote
that failed  thankfully..... and all for the "kids",,, claim they need 65
million more for  next 5 years for schools due to BRAC out here on Ft
Sill........ for the  kids...... but they neglect to talk about the 77 counties
here
with 752 school  districts and each one has a superintendent plus LARGE
staff..... wonder where  the money goes?.....so be doing up new website with
win7 very soon.....
    any ways.. as to WIN 7... have been working with it for  quite a
while... dual booting it on this one and single install on other one...  I love
it.. works like a champ.... and you can check out how your box will do  with
the win7 upgrade advisor....may be surprised... not so stiff  requirements...
and was totally surprised no hits on hardware drivers... all  went
perfect.... most of my stuff did install all ok.... but some do have quirks  to
work
out yet.... and 22 oct is day for the final release... am going to get  the
home version for family set up... supposedly can be installed on 3
computers..... home version only so far as I know.. have to see.... I have the
ultimate versions now... along with enterprise on one pc.... and all went
great... altho.... does have to be clean install on xp... Vista will
upgrade..... so will be a help if you have a decent sized hard drive.... did
the  dual
boot from the dvd when installing on xp setup.... like a charm... setup
nicely......takes a bit of time tho... but not so bad.... sit and wait....
cold  beer helps..... lol
    one thing if one does do the dual boot....... do have to  watch restore
function..... since if you have xp and win 7 on same drive in  separate
partitions..... can make changes on both OS if restore on one.... have  to
watch very careful..... easy way is turn off drive monitor for other system
in other words... on xp os need to turn of monitoring drive partition for
win 7 and then opposite for win 7 system...... learned the hard way......
lol.....actully that was only real problem I had so far...... agaian... love
it... works breat for me....... and same old boxes had for last few
years.....  but am inprocess now of accumulating the parts for new wild
powerhouse... so be  a bit before have it all set up..... and sata drives work
nice...... have some  big suckers ....lol......
   well hope answered some of your questions... but am alive and
kicking.... hope for awhile still...... gola is for me to live to be
195,cantakerous
and bother people....... but seems everyone tells me all the  time I have
the last two made.. just wqork on the first one....lol........  chuck.... in
Ok.....