[triadtechtalk] Re: Which Reg Cleaner

  • From: "- Howard -" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:47:35 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Well I deleted a program a few minutes ago. JV didn't find anything. Nor
did S&B. BUT regseeker did. About a dozen.
> I guess I will see tomorrow what damage I did, because I deleted them.
Regseeker has caused me to delete things I
> needed before. So we shall see. OH yes and easy cleaner found a few too.
>
> Juanita

Juanita ... did you mean you uninstalled a program using the add/remove
programs in the control panel instead of just deleting it? There is a BIG
difference ... and you probably did uninstall rather than just delete.
Also, when I run regseeker, on my machine it finds about 10 -12 entries
every time for "extensions not used" ... such as   .ade   .adp   etc. These
are apparently put back by the system after being deleted, so have a look at
the first few entries it finds to see if it is those type of extensions. It
finds them on mine as soon as it starts, so I never pay any attention to
those. It is the ones after the first 10 - 12 that are actually reg entries
that matter.

Howard