[triadtechtalk] Re: Script exploit

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:40:50 EST

In a message dated 12/21/2003 11:07:45 PM Central Standard Time,
avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Re: Microsoft Windows HTML Help Executable
I have it listed also & I've disabled it, set to "ask
for access".
armando

here is a bit on hh.exe from symantic site...
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.dexec.html

it says hh.exe is a baddies form the named trojan.... has instructuions for
removal...... this is one of those that I have come across on my system.. altho
not this one in particular.. as it says looks like a normal windows icon.....
what I found just by looking at the icons in the folders were icons a bit
different in comparision to other exe icons and when doing a proerties check
and
goole search found they were baddies and deleted them..... most cases I opened
notepad and then used it to locate the file again and deleted it under
notepad.... worked like a champ to get rid of those maddening nasties that just
wouldnt go away.... even when they said were being used by other programs or
had
to go to safe mode .... hope this helps some..... chuck...in ok