[triadtechtalk] Re: Registry

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:36:08 -0500

http://www.tweakfiles.com/registry/easycleaner.html

> > Hi ya' Howard!

> > I just DL'd EC and put it on my desktop and will
> > install it later, but my question now is, I also
have
> > been running RC daily (at times, 2-3 times a day),
so
> > now that I have EC, do I run RC first and then EC
> > catch what RC misses, or in order to save time,
would I
> > be just as well off or better off to just run EC
and
> > forget about running RC any longer, if you follow
my
> > thinking on the question?

> > .......clarence.......

> > Hi ya Clarence;

> Yes I do understand and that's a valid question!

Thank you!

> I use both in either order. For whatever reason,
usually both find something to remove, although I never
run
> either of mine as often as you do. I run both of them
after an uninstall (it's amazing what those uninstall
> programs leave behind) and both after an install.
Otherwise, I run both about once a week.

Understood Howard and I will just use my best judgment
then and very true on the install/uninstall scenarios
also!  And probably once a week would be fine, however
this monster has succeeded in getting me a bit paranoid
I guess and I just feel a bit more secure if I run it
every day to preclude additional problems being added
to the ones I already experience!

I also used to use
> Nortons Registry tool, but I had a few runins with
that so I quit using it.

I thought about running Nortons, but rejected it since
my RC seemed to be doing just fine by itself!

In EasyCleaner, click on options
> and make sure the backup option is selected. The
default is to keep the last 10 backups, but you can
change
> that to suit yourself.

Understood and will do!

Double clicking on a backup restores the Registry to
the way it was before the cleanup,
> so there is almost NO risk in using it (same as
RegClean).

Yes, I was aware of that function!

If you decide to use the other utilities included
> with EasyCleaner, make sure to read and set the
options so that you are not deleting good backup files
etc.
> Personally, I don't recommend the other utilities
except to very experienced users, but each person will
have
> to make there own personal decision.

No, I have had no intentions of using the other
utilities unless I read up on them enough to fully
understand their purpose, limitations and liabilities
and even then I may just elect to not use them at all
unless something happens to force me into using them!

Thanks for the info and I will go ahead and install EC
this afternoon sometime and run it after running RC
just to see if it does indeed pick up something extra
to delete!

.......clarence.......

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi