[triadtechtalk] Re: Registry

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:47:00 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2001 3:53:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Understood, and which was the reason I was trying to be
> sure to get my ducks
> in a row before I tried EC as I am leary of new
> programs since I have been
> so much trouble since I got this new PC even after the
> clean wipe just recently!

I dont want anyone to take it that I am recommending one program over
another.. just suggesting that.. if your pc seems to be working ok.... and
you are not so adept at the wild things that can and do occur when making
changes to system settings... well .. guess can say in a way.. if it aint
broke,then why are you fixing it.... have gone and helped a bunch of buddies
who "heard" they should get such and such to really make their pc work
better.. and.. well.. not fully understanding all the repercussions that can
occur... they have a mess on their hands..... for the majority here it seems
most have a pretty good idea of what all can happen with changes made to
system files.. but always remember at any time someone can float into this
exchange and see only part of the exchange and jump on it.. and then their is
a million questions coming about or as is usually the case..." Boy,that site
sure has  bunch of dummies,they messed up my pc"..... seen it and heard it so
many times I have to feel there are as many nintendo operators out there as
there are knowlegdeable pc owners.... and those nintendo operators are the
ones keeping the fly-by-night pc shops going full bore.... I know.. my
daughter is a nintendo operator and she sure can mess up her new gateway
simply by clicking the power switch on... lol..... been looking to see if
there is a legal defense of justifiable homicide...... Chuck.. in OK

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi