[triadtechtalk] Re: Registry

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:15:24 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2001 10:37:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> een running RC daily (at times, 2-3 times a day), so
> now that I have EC, do I run RC first and then EC to
> catch what RC misses, or in order to save time, would I
> be just as well off or better off to just run EC and

this is one of the main reasons that I would recommend using only
regclean.... as it can create much confusion if one is not familair with what
the registry is and does for a pc... mess it up and you are with no pc unless
you have the registry backedup and know how to use it all..... sort of like
havinga weedkiller and not reading the instrcutions....  if you want a fairly
decent program that will more or less keep your pc in a semblence of order
the files in Nortons systems suite all work pretty good,BUT!!! a couple of
them have been found to interfere with windows system files and /or program
files... at times it makes the wrong decision for you and again if you are
not really up to par on all your pc neds to wrk properly then if creates more
problems for you.... windows itslef has loads of fully functional
troubleshooters,tools, and means to fix probelms in the operating system and
there are many good books on the subject available....
    If one reads Fred Langa's info from his web site you can see some of the
myriad questions and fixes that are available,but you must also remeber a lot
of those people there are fairly experienced in the operation etc of their
PC.... to simply say one such program is better than another for registry
work would be errounious information as each one has a tendency to work in a
few areas.. for trult effective registry cleaning one must be fluent in the
use of a good registry editor and have comple confidence in oneselfs
understanding of all the programs on their PC... and belive me I have made
some major goofups in my attempts many times requiring re-install of many a
porgram ... best advie: use extereme caution when working in the registry as
the wrong right click and it can mean a total format and reinstall.... ... my
opinion and experince is all...Chuck.. in Ok

www.freelists.org/webpage/triadtechtalk

//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi