[triadtechtalk] Re: Registry

  • From: Howard <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:57:39 -0400

cabehogan wrote:

> > http://www.tweakfiles.com/registry/easycleaner.html
>
> Hi ya' Howard!
>
> I just DL'd EC and put it on my desktop and will
> install it later, but my question now is, I also have
> been running RC daily (at times, 2-3 times a day), so
> now that I have EC, do I run RC first and then EC to
> catch what RC misses, or in order to save time, would I
> be just as well off or better off to just run EC and
> forget about running RC any longer, if you follow my
> thinking on the question?
>
> .......clarence.......
>
> Hi ya Clarence;

Yes I do understand and that's a valid question!

I use both in either order. For whatever reason, usually both find something to
remove, although I never run
either of mine as often as you do. I run both of them after an uninstall (it's
amazing what those uninstall
programs leave behind) and both after an install. Otherwise, I run both about
once a week. I also used to use
Nortons Registry tool, but I had a few runins with that so I quit using it. In
EasyCleaner, click on options
and make sure the backup option is selected. The default is to keep the last 10
backups, but you can change
that to suit yourself. Double clicking on a backup restores the Registry to the
way it was before the cleanup,
so there is almost NO risk in using it (same as RegClean). If you decide to use
the other utilities included
with EasyCleaner, make sure to read and set the options so that you are not
deleting good backup files etc.
Personally, I don't recommend the other utilities except to very experienced
users, but each person will have
to make there own personal decision.

Howard
bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx