[triadtechtalk] Re: Re System Mechanic Chuck

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:41:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/2001 12:10:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  SysSoft Sandra numerous times...Not ONCE has it
> ever given me correct info on MOST of my system

I also have that program.. and will agree that it isnt so great in its
reporting.... I have the 2001te.. so called professional version... about the
only sort of true reports form it are the benchmarks as it is used by most of
the overclocker sites as a standard for bragging rights.... lol.. and at
times am very doubtful of that fact....
   I am using a pIII 1 gig overclocked to 1.2 gig with a globalwin fan and
sink to keep it cool... SiSandra tells me during its diagnostics that my
video card will not function properly as its clcok speed is above recommended
settings and then gives me benchmarks for it.... does give me correct cpu
speed tho... also have intels chip id program and it goes bannanas  ttrying
to figure out what chip I do have but reports the overclocked speed....
stepping numbers etc dont match the stored data  for the reported speed so
sort of drives it flippy a bit.....but one thing to note.. this is a
specialized program that DOES NOT overwrite any OS files... that is what
counts
 way to many of the addons simply change the basic system files which simply
leads to massvie problems and brings on the blue screen
blues....unfortunatley most of them dont have any sort of install log file so
it beocmes near imp[ossible to know what files have been overwritten....a
classic example of trashy overwriting is any of the AOL programs... but it
does have a log file contained in it and you can go back and reinstall the
correct MS file to fix its misery.... but it does take a bit of time to do
so...additinally it also makes a diretory foled named net... this folder
contains the same names as every file contained in IE BUT...uses noncaps in
its file names and every one of those files are not the same in content as
the IE installed on your system under windows. are the same names and size
and dates.. but the data contained in each file is radically different.....
talk about browser confusion..... but again ways around that problem.. but
many hours to correct it.... I do Beta for them also... so have my share of
fun and growls on that end.... anyways... just me is all... Chuck.. in Ok