[triadtechtalk] Re System Mechanic Chuck

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 17 Sep 2001 03:52:02 -0700

From Chuck in OK
<when a system is mal-functiong the last thing you need is another possible
problem program.. System Mechanic works to a degree and is in one sense a
ripoff... it has three levels built in and you must pay for each level if you
want the added features even tho when it is installed all 3 levels>

As I stated before & reaffirm now, System Mechanic will do more for a newbie
than any other registry & startup editor. IT WILL NOT & NEVER HAS BEEN A
PROBLEM PROGRAM, NORTON IS & CONTINUES TO BE on some systems, depending on the
configuration of the particular box in question.

It has a 30 day free trial which on your very first try will give you a clen
system, for FREEE!

You seem adverse to Syst Mech. yet you're willing to put out money for Norton?
I see no sense in your doing this since I asked her to use Syst. Mech. for the
30 days  free trial period. Show me where I said that she should buy it! No
sooner does she use it the first time alone & 90 % of her troubles will
disappear. For free!

The other 10% is due to Spyware & Insecurity(no cookie cutter nor firewall
installed).(Someone suggested IE 6- well the bugs on that are beginning to
surface already[many], according to what I've read on Langa, etc.)

Let the lady fix her system first, don't you think that's what is now
necessary? At this time in my opinion what Rebecca needs is reassurance and
instructions and not someone planting doubts as to how to proceed & making her
hesitant as to whom she should trust & follow that advise or the other.

Pardon me for airing out my opinion Chuck, but if you wish - take over!
BTW, don't you know enough registry hacking to enable or disable any and all
programs as you might wish? Well System Mechanic takes you by the hand & walks
you through some of these without ever disabling your system! NEVER!

Have you heard of GoBack? Now there's another great utility, or so think all
who have it! Well get yourself a copy of XXCOPY and you got a better one, once
you learn how to use it, and it's free.

Backups, a must for all, dont you agree? A myriad of utilities for this is
available. Get yourself a copy of XXcopy, once you learn how to use it you got
it, for free.

For your registry, it works from within Windows. Backup & restore your
registry. It works from DOS. It works!, and you don't have to guess if you're
doing it right or using the right backed up file. FREE: COP 2.2 by PLATO.

Ghost & other such utilities, all marvelous to use when you need them, guess
what?- XXCOPY! You want to copy a whole (entire drive) from one to another &
make it bootable, simultaneously? "XXCOPY C:/clone D:" does it. In the
background, as you continue to surf or play Freecell!

I'm adamant about buying software when there is so much of it that is as good
or better than the commercial stuff. I do not want Rebecca to buy Syst. Mech.,
I want her to use it.

Partition magic, ahhh, there's a marvel! Right? Get PRESIZER, it's free!
It does it all & more!

Let's please help the lady & not make her hesitate as to whom she should
listen. She didn't know what a BSD is & though she has WIN 98 she didn't know
what WIN 9X stands for that & the others (95, 98, 98 SE). She's definitely a
NEWBIE. We gonna help her or what?

You got a better idea on how she can rid herself of BSD's?

(Blue screens of death is what crashing is called Rebecca, as when it says in
the white letters on a blue screen that "something has gone wrong & this
program must be ended". So in 'puter lingo everything is abbreviated)

Rebecca, I'm sure that you can find help on line to solve ALL your problems.
Many are willing & very capable helpers. I myself am a NEWBIE & that is why I
joined this list & others of the same nature. That is how I've learned the
little bit I know. Have faith & ask questions & don't feel embarrassed. WE HAVE
ALL BEEN THERE! And I as well as every one here will help you.

Rebecca, from the help Chuck has offerd others on this very same list I know he
too is very capable and we're all going to help. Have you done anything yet and
what have been the results? How much memory is in your PC?

Love! Armando. God bles America!

I wish you good health and much happiness, today and
always.