[triadtechtalk] Re: Re System Mechanic Chuck

  • From: "Bruce Eddy" <beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:09:40 -0400

Holy smokes!!! at least mine had 1Mg or ram?!?!:))))) And a whopping 30 Mg
hard drive!!! hard drive was about 3 times the size of the power
supply!!:))) One of the 1st screw ups I had was formatting the drive and
finding out THEN what it means when you have the upgrade version of Dos
6.22!!! Took me all night to figure out how to get that installed without a
previous copy of Dos on the MB.:))))

And yes, to the addons....I have used bunches of these things..I ALWAYS seem
to wind up uninstalling them...About the only program I ever used that I
really liked was the 1st 2 copies of 1stAid...after that it went to junk!! I
have used the ever popular SysSoft Sandra numerous times...Not ONCE has it
ever given me correct info on MOST of my system. It always tells me I have
an Intel processor....I've NEVER had an Intel CPU in any system, except
maybe for that 1st 286..

I will say I have relied on this new RegCleaner program a lot during this
beta. And it IS highly recommended by people on the beta team....is it the
best or better than others?? I don't have a clue..All I know is it works on
my self built system extremely well.

And yes to rerunning Windows Set up..Sometimes that's the easiest/ best
place to start when you're working with a new person. I have a friend in KY
that didn't know what a CPU even did when I 1st met her. She was excellent
at using programs but not a clue what goes on inside the box. I have walked
her thru a clean install and re-setting up a network where she works,
tearing an old hard drive out of one other system , putting it on another,
installing Windows, then returning it to the original box to finish...all
because the install kept hanging at the hard ware level....

but it all goes back to basics..Go back is an excellent program But ONLY if
the system is running correctly to start with. All kinds of issues to work
with..I had an FIC 503+ motherboard once...Excellent board..but ONLY if the
drivers for the board were loaded in the right order!!

Bruce
beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ 3209671