[triadtechtalk] Re: New Computer/ Win7 Upgrade

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:10:02 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2009 12:57:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
bodhigo@xxxxxxx writes:

I read  a comment that a Vista 64bit has some compatibility issues with Win
7.
on some of the older programs they wont run in 64 bit operating  system but
most will install as the 32 bit that they are....and then some wont  work
at all in 64 bit..... the win7 upgrade advisor will let you know right away
what will work and what wont work or where problems may be in programs and
or  parts of yuor system..... I am runing on different computers the 64 bit
os and  32 bit onanother plus the different levels such as
home,professional,and  ultimate on different computers... I also hve one pc
setpup as dual
boot with xp  and win 7 on same drive but two partitions.... running 32 bit
since its an older  cpu chip... in fact and AMD 2.i gig chicp and Gigabyte
mother boards that is all  now about 5 years old..... also has only 1 gig of
ram... and all works  erfectly.... no iissues...... only one on64 bit popped up
and that was with  other than MS programs that had a flaky desktop icon ...
when 64 bit win 7 made  a shortcut it had an arrow and was surrounded by a
blank box looked like a  folder... program icon was seen at edges of
folder..... had to make a couple  registry changes that dropped arrow and fixed
icn
settings... now am good to go  on all new installs of programs.... I have
been mesing with & since like  forever when it started and have enjoyed it
tremendously... sure beats the heck  out of vista..... and lots faster in all
respects to xpor vista..... yo me is a  great operating system... but....
still dont like IE that much.... and really  havent actually found one that to
meis effective in way I want it to work... but  that's me.......
chuck....in ok