[triadtechtalk] Re: New Computer/ Win7 Upgrade

  • From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:28:58 -0600

Degilbo,

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess either way there is no way to be sure.

I have read some of the review of what seem to be top new setups, and usually
95% of the users were relative happy, but there seemed to always some that were
very disappointed.

So either way I guess you just have to take your chances.

BRIAN

*************

Degilbo wrote:
Brian, your question really should have been "Can one depend that any
unit - new or refurbished - wouldn't be a head ache?". There are good
"bargains" to be had in refurbished ones, but there is no way of
determining just how long they would last. Similarly, there are some
good prices on new units now, but still no guarantee that they will
last either.

Degilbo

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:23 AM, brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
TTT Members,

I am still hoping one or more of you may have experience with refurbished
and small form factor computer and could give me some feed back about your
experience.

I am finally narrowing down my choices and any help on this would sure help.

_*Questions:*_
Can one depend that a refurbished unit wouldn't be a head ache?

Is it reasonable to avoid the mini-tower case computers because adding
components and lack of expansion room would be a hassle? It seems like the
best buys are available in that configuration, and I don't want to rule them
out if they are a good option.

Thanks for the help.

BRIAN