[torontocbm] Hummer flashing...

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:19:06 -0500

I was wondering,
If I don't end up bricking my Hummer board by flashing it,
Would it be possible to bring it in and get some help with it?

Currently I have done the single byte mod so it goes right into basic,
And I put a copy of a kernel I created using kernel patcher 1.0 on the
Flash at 1FE000 (where it is suggested) and used the V command to create
A prg that will launch that kernel...

Ideally I would like the replace the current Kernal, but every time I try
I receive a programming error at E000  00 (85)
I do use the w option when flashing to allow for low-mem flashing (danger mode)
But when I try any flash to 00E000 to 010000, I get the programming error at
E0000.

I was wondering if anyone knew what is up?  The same flash file works at the
higher
Memory, just not where I need it...   is it possible the flash program is not
releasing
The memory protect?

Any Hummer pro's out there...