[TN-Butterflies] Lower Hatchie Count

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Barbara Korpi <bkormobile@xxxxxxxxx>, Bob Ford <robert_p_ford@xxxxxxx>, Donna Ward <wardd9@xxxxxxxxx>, Jim Johnson <bubo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kris Branum <krispy96907@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Baker <marybaker476@xxxxxxxxx>, Cameron Frechette <clfrechette@xxxxxxx>, Scott Brown <scottbrownphd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:23:36 -0500

Saturday, July 28, is the Lower Hatchie count.  We meet at Woodard's Store in
the Three Point community on Hwy 87 about 6 miles west of Henning at 9:30.
This count has been one of the biggest counts in terms of total numbers over
the past couple of years, and I hope that continues, but the dry, hot weather
may have something to say about that.  I am hoping to see good numbers of
Dainty Sulphurs and Southern Dogfaces.  Sunk Lake has been one of the most
reliable spots to see the Dogfaces over the years.  As always with these later
counts, there are surprises to be expected.  Last year was a Funereal Duskywing
and in August of last year Reakirt's Blues made an appearance at Sunk Lake.
Will we see them this year?  Or will something else show up the from southwest?
 Join us if you can.  You will need to bring a sack lunch and LOTS of water.
As usual, there is a $3.00 participation fee to NABA.  Let me know if you plan
on attending and if you need more detailed directions to Woodard's Store, let
me know and I will send them along. See you Saturday! Bart JonesMemphis, Shelby
Co.