[TN-Bird] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:41:01 -0400

We have had two birds on (or over) our property just recently. On
Saturday(April 18) a skein of 30 Sandhill Cranes in a perfect V flew over
low enough for us to clearly identify. A couple of years ago we heard
calls which we thought were Cranes, but they were out of sight over trees
before we could find them. Yesterday (April 20) we had a pair of Eastern
Kingbirds. We recorded seeing a couple several years ago, but only that
once so it was a delight to see them. A lot of migrants showing up like a
Scarlet Tanager right at the house this morning calling loudly. Good
birding to all.
J.
N. Howard, Fiery Gizzard Cove

Marion County