[TN-Bird] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:01:48 -0600

Tn Birders,
     Yesterday we had our first Purple Finch and have been having small
flocks of Siskins.  Today we had for the first time this year
White-throated Sparrows and Junkos and a Brown Creeper.  Good to see them
back.  We have also had Hermit Thrushes and Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers.
 Passing Niskajack Lake on the Interstate today I saw a big  raft of ducks,
but could not stop to try to identify and had no binos with me anyway, but
probably we will have a chance tomorrow to try to get to a spot to see them
with a scope.  I glimpsed very briefly some looks that might be
interesting.  I am pretty sure that their presence is storm related and not
ones commonly here.
     Good birding to all.
                                      J. N. Howard, Marion County