[TN-Bird] FOY

  • From: "J.N. & Ella Howard" <birders3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 17:34:38 -0500

Greetings,
     I have not had good opportunity to report this, but about 2 weeks ago
we had a singing (calling) Protonatary Warbler on a perch in clear view.  I
watched it call for several minutes and have heard it several times since,
but not in a location where I can see it.  This is the first time we have
knowingly had one here for ten years.  I am surprised to have it so in
evidence when we had hoped for them, but not seen one over this long
period.  And still singing strongly which seems late to me, but today we
had others like Hooded, Kentucky, Yellow-throated, Yellow-billed Cuckoo,
Acadian Flycatcher, and others.
     Good birding to all.

J. N. Howard, Fiery Gizzard Cove, Marion County