[THIN] Re: Web Interface, Passthrough Auth, Cannot reconnect

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:48:29 -0700

Workspace control and Clientname can work correctly if you use the WI Hack
from Thomas' site.  When workspace control is disabled, WI (by default)
passes the domain-username as the clientname, not the actual client name.

WI without Workspace control is not smart enough to reconnect you to a
disconnected session.  It will create a new session unless you just happen
to hit the same exact server you disconnected from (the zdc send you to it
because it's the least loaded server).  So if you testing with 1 server,
you'll be always reconnect.  If you have 50 servers with that app, you have
1 in 50 change (provide all loads are equal) of reconnecting vs creating a
new session.

Joe

  _____