[THIN] Re: Uninstall Citrix from non functioning server

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:26:26 +1000

Hi

I saw that article but the command made no difference in my environment. My
preference is to get the password. I'm not confident I can just format the
server then remove the server via Appcenter. Concerned it may not remove all
references to the server in question.

Ang

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 14:16:29 +0100
Subject: [THIN] Re: Uninstall Citrix from non functioning server
From: dogers@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not tried it, but have a look at this link from reddit recently..
http://implbits.com/active-directory/2012/04/13/dont-rejoin-to-fix.html

PowerShell: Reset-ComputerMachinePassword [-Credential ] [-Server ]
Andrew

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015, Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I have an issue
with my Windows 2008 R2 Server with XenApp 6.5 where the server is not joined to
the domain anymore. I get the following error:

The trust
relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

I also don’t know
the local admin password which I require to login to the server so I can remove
and re-add to the domain.

Does anyone know
how I can remove this server from the Citrix farm? I obviously cannot
login to do it the correct way using Add/Remove Programs. I logged on to
the Zone Data Collector and tried to do this via AppCenter via:

Server\Other
Tasks\Remove from Farm

It fails with:

"The server
is still online and cannot be removed from the farm. It should be removed by
the uninstall program."

Is there another
way I can uninstall this Citirx software? Need to remove it cleanly from
the farm then I can format the server and start again.
ThanksAng