[THIN] Re: Uninstall Citrix from non functioning server

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 05:53:39 +0000

There's plenty of tool Ang, you just need to Google:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDuFRqb3Pk

Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 14:16:29 +0100
From: dogers@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Not tried it, but have a look at this link from reddit recently..

http://implbits.com/active-directory/2012/04/13/dont-rejoin-to-fix.html

PowerShell: Reset-ComputerMachinePassword [-Credential ] [-Server ]

Andrew

On Tuesday, 2 June 2015, Angela
<angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi

I have an issue with my Windows 2008 R2 Server with XenApp 6.5 where the server
is not joined to the domain anymore. I get the following error:

The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

I also don't know the local admin password which I require to login to the
server so I can remove and re-add to the domain.

Does anyone know how I can remove this server from the Citrix farm? I
obviously cannot login to do it the correct way using Add/Remove Programs. I
logged on to the Zone Data Collector and tried to do this via AppCenter via:

Server\Other Tasks\Remove from Farm

It fails with:

"The server is still online and cannot be removed from the farm. It should be
removed by the uninstall program."

Is there another way I can uninstall this Citirx software? Need to remove it
cleanly from the farm then I can format the server and start again.

Thanks
Ang