[THIN] SATA\SAS and SCSI

  • From: "Steve Parr" <SParr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:49:54 -0500

There was a bit of a debate going a few weeks ago re: SATA\SAS vs. SCSI
that was pretty interesting. I may be incorrect but our Dell rep just
told us that though they will support SCSI still they will stop selling
SCSI in a couple of months. Have other people heard the same thing?

What they are pushing on server end is not SATA but SAS which they
explain as actually being SCSI drives with enhanced technology such as
the multiple bus for each hard drive vs. SCSI drives all going thru same
bus. All in all if the entire Dell business is willing to stake so much
confidence in the new technology musn't it be for a good reason? Up to
now I was a stickler for SCSI but this is starting to make me think...

Steve Parr
Systems Analyst, IT
This e-mail is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may
contain information
which is privileged or confidential. Without the sender's authorization, any
dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail and the information it contains is
strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by
return e-mail and
please delete this e-mail from your system.

www.dbrs.com, Dominion Bond Rating Service Limited, Dominion Bond Rating
Service, Inc., DBRS (Europe) Limited.

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com