[THIN] Re: PS4 Client Printing Issue

  • From: "Adam Granatela" <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:06:10 -0500

Ok, yeah, it's definitely something on the client PC.  Here's what we found:

User 1 cannot print from PC 1
User 2 cannot print from PC 1

Both User 1 and 2 can print from PC 2.

Both users/pcs are printing to the same network printer.  It's a HP 4250
networked from a file server.  Both users have the same sort of
permissions/setup in AD.  With all 4 sessions (both users on both PCs), the
printer auto-creates just fine, and as far as the Citrix server is
concerned, the job prints fine (shows up in the system event log as a
successful print job), but on PC1, the jobs never show up on the local
queue, and never print.

Ok, so normally I'd say ok, it's a client PC thing, have someone fix it.
Problem is, there are at least 5 PCs that this is happening on.  It's not
location specific, since some users at the location can print and others
can't.

Any ideas?  Client has been removed/reinstalled, I've tried 9.23 and 10.
Tried unisntalling, deleting directories relating to ICA Client and Citrix,
rebooting, reinstalling.  Nothing.

Any ideas?

On 4/10/07, Adam Granatela <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.  That policy setting was not configured,
but I enabled it and set it to always connect as client printer or whatever
the option was.  So far no difference.

It appears to be localized to a few PCs.  We're testing with users right
now.  One user can't print from her machine to any printers, a user right
across from her can print to the same printers just fine.  argh!