[THIN] Re: Lotus Notes in MF Xpe

  • From: Gene Herman <gene_herman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:54:19 -0700 (PDT)

As I understand Notes - there are a couple of ways to get your mail - one is
what we used to call Island - which was a dial up but not necsssarily logging
into the network - the other was called Office which was what your desktop is
conncted to. Conceivably you long in say from your hotel room and synchronize
your mail with the server. IF you don't log into the network id file has to
reside on the laptop. WHich is fine. We'd like to see a copy in his home
directory - just in case say his hard drive crashed. Also fine - the problem
may be when or if he changes his password. I think someone said these were
timestamped so there could be an issue.

When I was at Philips Medical the Notes Admins could retrieve 3 pairs - of ID
and Password - they were not necessarily stored together.

JUst one of the things we are looking at