[THIN] Re: Lotus Notes in MF Xpe

  • From: Adam_Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:21:19 -0700

We have two versions of Notes on an XPe server: 5.08 and 4.67.  v5.08 is
actually installed, the other version just sits in a subdirectory.  Since
all of our users have a few bits of Notes on the home drives, I scan for
which version of the help file they have (file names are different) and
then provide the appropriate icon to the desktop.

adam

                    "Eugene Herman"

                    <EHerman@xxxxxx       To:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    lth.net>              cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     [THIN] Re: Lotus Notes
in MF Xpe
                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    10/02/2002

                    01:35 PM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

The question seems to hinge on where is the notes.id file residing and how
=
does it get synchronized.

Example - if it is on the guy's "C" drive and he changes his password - he
=
would have to manually copy it to his home directory. If he leaves it on =
the home directory and it changes and he logs in offline - he has an old =
password that don't work

>>> RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/02/02 04:18PM >>>
Hi,

Haven't done it via NAL, but we did a fat client to thin client Notes
migration which utilized a script that checked for a local notes desktop
etc, copied required files across to the users %homedrive%%homepath%\notes
directory and then patched the thinclient notes.ini.=20

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20