[THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:23:06 +0000

We don't use proper thin client hardware, we just have old PCs, now running
a cut down Linux (http://thinstation.sf.net !) which works great.

Last month I had to remove the last of the 486's, as we managed to wangle a
hardware support contract for them, and the company we got it from wouldn't
support that box :(

So I've stuck a P1 200 in it's place and put the 486 box back in the
cupboard for a rainy day :)

We never actually plan to replace them, we've just got a few boxes of bits
which we'll swap out as and when..

Andrew