[THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:33:22 -0700

A bit of clarification:   RDP will only consume a Citrix license if you are
connecting to a server running MF (newer incarnations).  If you are
connecting to a plain old TS, no Citrix license is allocated.

So...have all your normal apps on a regular TS server and then use the ICA
client (from the TS server or thin client) to connect those that need it to
the special app on a Citrix server.  Maybe put some code in the login
scripts for the TS servers that says "If member of special group, give ICA
icon".

adam

             "Schneider, Chad
             M"
             <CMSchneider@Bemi                                          To
             s.com>                    thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel
             ists.org                                              Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

             10/28/2005 08:23
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

So what if I have a Terminal server with no Citrix, will it not run with no
Citrix license available?