[THIN] Re: Hybrid question?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:18:42 -0800 (PST)

With the older integrated Wyse's that had the monitor built in we had all sorts
of problems...bios, screen, etc. even had a few smoke and catch fire...those
were the days...with our WinXPe clients we have all sorts of problems with
power supplies 3 years out.  You can't tell me that  any sort of PC hardware
especially monitors lasts 10 years in a business enviroment reliably..I'm not
buying it.
Jim

"Bob Coffman Jr. - Info From Data" <bcoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone seen a situation where the Thin Client just stops working? I
have seen Wyse terminals (3350s - I THINK) where they will start failing,
with the symptoms being that they won't keep a connection. You would think
being solid state that shouldn't happen...

- Bob Coffman