[THIN] Re: Citrix and Novell

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:49:33 -0400

On 9/20/05, Hutchinson, Alan <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can confirm that the latest client (as of 2 weeks ago) is not stable -
> profiles were being loaded, unloaded and then reloaded at logon resulting in
> (a) very long logon times, (b) other server instability - we got an
> unreleased (as of two weeks ago) patch which cured it. So test, test and
> test again. You'll also need to go with contextless logins which requires an
> additional dll,  registry tweaks, and client configuration. If you use nfuse
> (aka W.I.), you'll also need to test further. Otherwise Novell client seems
> to work o.k., users will get drive mappings that they're used to seeing - so
> from a user perspective it's easier for them. That said - I'd love to get
> rid of it and go to a pure MS environment.

Yep, Citrix is real touchy about the Novell client version used.  I
use contextless logins on the WI though and it works great.  I don't
really have any issues other than the roaming profiles not cleaning
up.  I am just sick of having to spend hours/days/months getting it to
work properly. I am giving up on Novell. Next year I want to dump it
and Groupwise for MS, AD and Exchange.
This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2