[THIN] Re: Citrix and Novell

  • From: "Phil Rogers" <Phil.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:38:25 +0100

Hi Keith

This document and the presentations it links to are a good starting
point, though it very much depends on which Novell products you want to
integrate with and which version of Windows and Presentation Server your
using.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/5830.html

Phil

>>> KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx 13/09/05 17:54:00 >>>
Hello all,

We are looking to move our vet hospital toward a thin solution using
citrix.  We currently use the Novel Client on computers to access the
file servers.

When we move to Citrix, how well does the Novel-Citrix integration
work?

We are planning to deploy the Microsoft Office applications, Novel
GroupWise, and our own custom written medical application.

We want to still allow users to keep their office files on the Novel
servers.

Is there a good guide to go by for setting this environment up or any
pitfalls I should be wary about?

Also, what licensing issues should we be looking out for?

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance this group can provide.
Keith Sirmons

Keith Sirmons
Microcomputer/LAN Administrator
College of Veterinary Medicine

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2