[texbirds] Sunset Cemetery

  • From: melissa isom <isommelissa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:48:41 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi all;
I had gotten the name and number of the president of the Sunset Cemetery
from the county commissioner. I gave him a call and asked about what
had been going on concerning the birders. He said that it is a private
cemetery and that he had no idea how or why it was designated by
the Texas Parks and Wildlife as a birding site. He said that they do
not want the public in there birding because people were parking on
the grave sites and they are also concerned about liability. They had
recently found underground hornets nest. He suggested that birders
go in the fish hatchery (next door) if they want to bird.
Don't kill the messenger. I have enjoyed birding at the cemetery many
times.
Melissa Isom
Ingram, Texas