[texbirds] Re: Starting a Texas bird book library.

  • From: Stenmead@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:43:38 -0400 (EDT)

"Shorebirds" is another must have field guide for me. I wanna be  ready for
those vagrants.

Stennie Meadours
San Leon

In a message dated 3/11/2014 4:40:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just  ordered the new Sibley guide from Amazon and will have it in 2
days. I also  find the National Geographic guide very useful. On my phone, I
have Audubon,  Sibley, and iBird Explorer Pro by the Mitch Waite Group. I find
them all  useful. It’s really nice to have calls available in the field (I
mostly listen  on my headset, don’t worry, and I’m getting to be a much
better birder by  ear.

I have also found membership in the Cornell Lab Birds of North  America to
be extremely useful for getting really in-depth coverage of all  species.
Plus, your membership is supporting a really good research  program.

Dan  Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com