[texbirds] Re: Starting a Texas bird book library.

  • From: Dan Smith <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:40:06 -0500

I just ordered the new Sibley guide from Amazon and will have it in 2 days. I
also find the National Geographic guide very useful. On my phone, I have
Audubon, Sibley, and iBird Explorer Pro by the Mitch Waite Group. I find them
all useful. It’s really nice to have calls available in the field (I mostly
listen on my headset, don’t worry, and I’m getting to be a much better birder
by ear.

I have also found membership in the Cornell Lab Birds of North America to be
extremely useful for getting really in-depth coverage of all species. Plus,
your membership is supporting a really good research program.

Dan Smith
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com