[texbirds] Eagle Pass Seedeaters, BT-Gray Warb. Del Rio, etc.

  • From: Bryan Calk <bryancalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 19:56:42 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy Texbirds!
Kathy Bader and I have been doing some scouting for the Rio Brazos Audubon
Society's field trip out to our turf (Kinney, Val Verde, and Maverick
Counties). Better birds so far:

A good variety of waterfowl with 13 species
A Common Loon on Lake Amistad at the end of spur 454 (finally!!!)
A male Black-throated Gray Warbler on San Felipe Creek in Del Rio
Two White-collared Seedeaters (one male one female) up the river from Shelby
Park in Eagle Pass
A Brown Creeper is still around at Fort Clark

Seedeater: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryan_calk/13090789674/
Warbler: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryan_calk/13090435825/

While leisurely making our way around, we totaled about 85 species in the Del
Rio area and I got about 70 species from a half day in Maverick County (Shelby
Park and some road birding in Quemado/Normandy).

Good birding!

Bryan Calk
Fort Clark Springs/College Station