[techtalk] Re: OT: What's everyone driving?

  • From: Alan <clanky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Davidson <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:37:12 +0000

Hello Andrew,

AD> Don't take your foot off the throttle - problem solved :)

I try not to but some of these hills in Hastings get a bit hairy and I
live at the bottom of a 1 in 6 hill with a huge drop at the bottom - if
Vauxhall can't produce a quality car I doubt it would fly very well :D

AD> I wouldn't trust Vauxhall dealers at all to be honest.

My dad has a Zaffira & he had the squeaking brake problem, exactly the
same symptoms as my Astra. It disappeared when the handbrake was
applied & got worse or better depending if he we going around a rh or
lh bend. Vauxhall said it was the front discs! I said 'thats crap!'
They replaced the front discs (£130.00) & it still squeaked. They then
replaced the rear calipers & discs for free - problem cured. They
charge £65.00/hr + vat.  I've got no faith in them at all & I wouldn't
take my Astra anywhere near them!

Alan