[techtalk] Re: Win 2K IP Routing

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:33:56 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 21-Mar-04, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> I'm assuming by the subnet, it's a BT installed business line (with the
> black router)?

Well, it's a business line but the ISP is Easynet. The router is
black and it's badged as a Lucent Cellpipe Model Cell-20A-GTX-UK
Does that sound like the one you are thinking about ?

> If it is, those routers are extremely powerful - shame BT give them a
> frontal lobotomy. They're made by Efficient Networks.  We have one here
> flashed with the original Efficient firmware, making it a very useful
> device.  Sateful packet firewall and all built in.

I'm not allowed to "get into" this one. If anything goes wrong it's down to
Easynet - it would be good to have a look though ;)

I tried setting up a PPTP VPN from my office ADSL line to home but it failed.
I suspect the router is stopping this working properly but obviously can't
get in there to take a look at the configuration :(
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

The real world is a special case.