[techtalk] Re: Win 2K IP Routing

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:54:38 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 20-Mar-04, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> Why the second NIC? Just add another IP address to the NIC that's alrea=
dy
> there.

Sorted :)

And the reason ? Well, I now have a second ADSL line provided by work
so, I figured I could use it to download bits 'n bobs. That way, I wouldn=
't
be using my own line and causing my son's Frag Ops games to lag.

Problem is that the Win2K box is short on disk space (and runs w/out moni=
tor
k/board etc) but I have another machine with a few gig spare - work route=
r =

assigns IP addresses in the range 192.168.254.* and my home LAN is on 192=
=2E168.0.*

I've now got the work router connected to my switch and can use
pcAnywhere to control the Win2K box from the 192.168.0.* subnet
and have mapped to the machine with the large disk.

Excellent :)

Ta for the help Andrew - much appreciated as always :)
-- =

Cheers,

*Paul*

Skier: One who pays an arm and a leg for the opportunity to break them.