[techtalk] Re: Win 2K IP Routing

  • From: Andrew Davidson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:55:50 +0000

At 13:23 20/03/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>If I have a Win2K Pro w/station on a subnet 192.168.245.* and I need to get
>data from it to a machine on 192.168.0.* - is this doable by adding a second
>NIC, giving it a static 192.168.0.* IP and connecting it into a switch on the
>192.168.0.* LAN ?

Why the second NIC?  Just add another IP address to the NIC that's already
there.

Go into the TCP/IP properties of your adapter, then into Advanced and you
can add additional IPs.  You do need to have all the addresses on that
adapter to be static - IE you can't have a DHCP provided IP and a manually
specified at the same time. You can of course add the DHCP supplied address
as static manually in the meantime.

Hope this helps.

Andrew