[techtalk] Re: OT: What's everyone driving?

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood14@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:29:03 -0000

Andrew Davidson wrote:
> At 16:25 20/03/2004, you wrote:
>
> Ah, that's one of those VW/Seat/Ford jobs.  Commiserations, I've heard
> they're pretty unreliable.

Mines been great so far,a stamp for every 10,000 miles in the service book,a
V6 VW engine that doesn't burn any oil and flies above 4000 rpm.The only
compaint being that I struggle to get 20mpg out of it.

> Have a look at the Focus C-Max and Vauxhall Zafira.  Both now come
> with very tasty Common-rail diesels which keep the fuel bills down and
> performance up.  Based on the Mazda 5 and Astra platforms
> respectively.  If "compact" MPVs are big enough, of course. :)
>
> Andrew

I had a diesel fiat multipla before the current car,the engine in that was a
belter and I could get 600 miles to a tankfull(around 45ish to the
gallon).Had to sell it as I had a brief spell out of work last year(the joys
of contracting).
A 'compact' mpv would be fine as far as I'm concerned but SWMBO is getting
broody(got 3 already).I'll probably get rid of the Sharan if I get renewed
again at the end of my current contract at the end of May.
Woody

---