[techtalk] Re: Core 2 motherboard recommendation?

  • From: m.nuttall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:52:31 +0000

Quoting Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@xxxxxxxxx>:

> * Andrew Davidson (andrew@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > If you want cheap, no SLI then your board is the EVGA 650i Ultra.
>
> Nope.  I'm running a £150 very basic AMD K8 board atm, and it's rock
> solid; that's more what I'm looking at.  Sun used the same class of
> board (Tyan Tomcat) in their entry level servers and workstations.
>
> OK, so I do most of my work on a real server board; a £250 dual Opteron
> K8WE, but I still kinda depend on my desktop Just Working, since that's
> how I normally talk to it :)

While looking for dual core motherboard have you come across any athlon 64
single core motherboards that are any good?

My usb is going flackey so i expect the motherboards on its way out but i want
to use my ddr400 and agp gfx card to keep costs low hence the amd64 board.

Any suggests that are new?

Martin N