[TechAssist] Re: rca p60152 ptk169ptc conv problem

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:36:31 -0500

Boy you've gotten 3 different responses to this situation, so I thought I'd
put them all together for you:

First check C4402 0.47 or 0.56 400WV BOX CAP in front of horiz output -that
gets bulgy and loses value. That causes pincushion.
C4403 BOX Cap causes shrunken picture, but on Both of these your convergence
remains intact. MOST LIKELY TO BE THIS PROBLEM!

The mirror problem listed below would be the 2nd most likely.

Third problem is corroded connectors which I suggested, and they are located
on the convergence control board at the front of the TV. There's a kit from
RCA to replace them, (part # unknown to me) but you can just remove the
plugs several times to clean the oxide (white powder) off the pins, and see
if the problem disappears. This generally causes one or more colors to not
align, and also causes intermittant jumpy alignment.

Lastly if the customer has recently moved the unit, it may need alignment,
BUT this is the very very LAST THING I WOULD TOUCH UP.
HTH

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services